What is infrared?
Infrared is a scope of wavelengths on the electromagnetic spectrum.
What are the types of infrared?
There is a wide range of infrared wavelengths, however; the two main types are the Standard Infrared (near infrared) and Far Infrared.
What is the difference?
Far infrared heating is a somewhat new technology. The waves are longer than the standard infrared waves which create a powerful yet safe, beneficial effect on human skin and objects resulting in a comforting thermal heat whereas standard infrared heats only the surrounding air.
So what are the pros and cons of each heating option?
- Standard infrared heaters give off a blinding, orange-red glow.
- The coils become exceptionally hot which is a potential hazard for users; particularly children, elderly and animals.
- Traditional heaters have the ability to fall over and cause serious damage if not fitted with an automatic emergency ‘off’ switch.
- Standard heaters release extreme heat of 1200°C which can cause people close to the source to become overheated, burnt and can cause eye damage, however; people and objects further away from the heat may not benefit at all.
- Sitting or becoming too close to the heat is likely to cause headaches, sinus problems, dry/itchy skin and irritation of the eyes.
- Although the intense effect of this heat can produce therapeutic benefits, it must be known that these benefits are only reached when using the heat for a small amount of time using the appropriate safety equipment such as protection for the eyes.
- Many standard heaters have a short life-span.
Far infrared heaters
- Stylish and sleek, they come in a variety of designs that are versatile and portable.
- These heaters are simple to install and require no maintenance.
- Far infrared heaters work instantly; they warm you and the furniture in your room quickly and comfortably.
- This technology is specially designed for both commercial and domestic use; it radiates comfortable temperatures of around 100°C.
- Perfect for the home, work or outdoors.
- They are silent so they do not cause any distractions.
- Heat is transmitted evenly and is reflected by the polished metal exterior, creating a natural, comforting warmth.
- Healthier than alternative heaters; far infrared heaters are perfect for allergy and asthma sufferers as they do not pollute your room.
- Far infrared has been proved to provide many health benefits including improved blood circulation, increase of oxygenation and regeneration of the blood and it can boost one’s metabolism; it is often used in therapies, saunas and care homes.
- Far infrared heaters only heat people and objects in a room; they are 100% environmentally friendly.
- They produce zero visible light; zero damage to eyes.
- Highly energy-efficient; they heat immediately and remain at a constant, comforting level of warm radiation.
- Long life span compared to traditional heaters.
The benefits of far infrared heaters are clearly abundant; they are not only safer than standard heaters, but they are more energy-efficient; saving you money and providing you with a comfortable warmth that is both natural and beneficial to your health.